The New Castle Playhouse is situated on the Southside of New Castle, PA., in Lawrence County. Incorporated in 1958 as a non-profit organization, the Playhouse has been providing quality live theatre productions for the community for over 5 decades. Since 1987, the New Castle Playhouse has made it’s home in the old State Theatre, the oldest existing theatre building in Lawrence County. The Playhouse has been very active in repairing and restoring the building and work has just been completed on our beautiful new sculpture garden and patron’s pavillion.
The NCP attracts over 13,000 patrons during it’s yearly 13-week, 46-performance season and serves over 2500 individuals through its increasingly diverse education and outreach activities.